You may have remembered this post a while back about the end tables I decided to refinish. Well I am finally D O N E. Woot! It took me a while to actually get myself to remember to take some pictures because I had to put them in the room upstairs to clear out a section of the basement. Every time I would walk past them I told myself to remember to take pictures and well, you know how life gets. Anyway! BEHOLD:Finished tables!
I’ve got to say, I am extremely surprised at how well these turned out since it was my first try at a major furniture overhaul. I would say the biggest issue while doing this was realizing after the first coat of paint was on that there was some paint stripper still left on little spots, which ate through the paint a little bit. Most of this happened on the underneath parts of the furniture where you can’t see it (luckily!) but as soon as i noticed it, I sanded those areas down again a bit more and that seemed to help. Next time I will wipe down the surface another couple times more, just to make sure it doesn’t happen again.
I used this paint, which was really easy to work with and self-leveled really well while it dried. No paintbrush streaks showed up at all, and it was great with a foam roller, too. It’s cheap (praise) and I only needed one small can for both end tables which needed three coats each! It definitely went a long way.
Now that I’ve got a taste of this DIY furniture business, I am ready for more! I love me some creative projects and stuff like this fits the bill perfectly. Joey has an old dresser that is up next and I can’t wait until it’s in the room with these!