WHEW. July and August have been a complete whirlwind for us! With birthdays and anniversaries and a two-week trip to Japan, Joey and I have been running at full throttle these past two months. I will be writing about our trip soon, right after I get all of my pictures downloaded and sorted! It was magical, and I can’t wait to share it with you!
Coming home has made me look around the house a lot, especially because Fall is right around the corner. I really want to have the feeling of hygge in our home this winter (do you know about hygge? It’s the Danish/Norwegian concept of the quality of coziness, sparking contentment and comfort – fascinating!), to make the house even more comfy and cozy and inviting for the long winter nights that will inevitably creep up on us quickly.
I have found 5 areas of the house that I really want to put my attention toward over the next couple of months to amp up the hygge:
- GUEST BEDROOM – This room is so close to being finished, I just need to find some artwork, some lamps and a throw blanket and that’s it! I need to stop overthinking it so that it’s complete and welcoming for guests.
- LIVING ROOM WINDOWS – I have been saying so often that I want curtains for this room that I’m annoyed with hearing myself say it! I’m hoping to find a long enough drape that will work in this room, since the height of the room and the windows makes covering them a challenge.
- MASTER BEDROOM GALLERY WALL – I have had pictures up here for a while, but the two sides need to have a couple more things added to them. I have had some ideas, so I need to actually purchase the things I have been thinking about for this space.
- FRONT DEN – It’s time to paint. This is a small room, so it shouldn’t take much effort at all to roll on a quick coat of paint in here. Then I will be able to better visualize some furniture options.
- UPSTAIRS HALLWAY – There is a huge wall upstairs that I need to fill on one side, but on the other side is one small wall that needs some artwork. That’s the space I want to get something on so that I can feel like that whole half of the upstairs is finished, and then I can plan out the decor on the large wall.
What areas in your house are at that ‘almost finished’ stage? I would love to know if you were able to complete yours and what your finishing touches were! I’m going to document my progress on my Insta Stories, so be sure to follow me along there! Happy Monday, friends!