I am so excited to share this with you today! The dresser is finally done! (Insert angels trumpeting here). This dresser was not as easy as I had expected it to be! Remember this post and this post? I thought I got off scott-free once I realized I didn’t have to strip the varnish off and I could just sand it down. Turns out this was a much bigger production that called for twice the amount of coats of paint than the end tables and two different types of paint!
That’s ok. I enjoyed the process and I definitely want to do more pieces after this. I wish my area was more equipped with flea markets and vintage shops because I would be visiting those erry day.
So here’s the before and after! Drawers before sanding:
Dresser with primer on it:
The finished dresser!
I’m so happy with how it turned out, and I’m so glad that Joey’s grandpa’s dresser has some new life breathed into it. I cannot wait to decorate around it now! This was a big piece that I needed in here to be able to get the feel of how it will all work with the room. Now that it’s here I can plan around it with artwork and curtains and make the room much homier.